Regional Hospice and Palliative Care (RHPC) is seeking a licensed registered nurse who will be responsible for ensuring that all clinical services for home nursing care, including home health aide care, are delivered and maintained at the highest level of quality.
The Clinical Supervisor supports an fosters the philosophy goals, and objectives of the agency and maintains a positive professional relationship with staff, community members, board members, patients and their families.
The Clinical Supervisor assists the Director of Home Hospice and Palliative Care Program in planning, developing, administering, supervising, and delivery agency services. The Supervisor has the authority to act during any absence of the Director of Home Hospice and Palliative Care program.
- A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years full-time clinical experience in nursing, with at least one of which was in a home health care agency or community health program is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year home health or hospice supervisory/administrative experience required.
- Certification in Hospice preferred.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
- Schedules, coordinates, and manages services rendered to patients and families by nurses, Home Health/Hospice aides, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapies, and Speech Therapy.
- Functions as a liaison between RHPC and other agencies to ensure continuity of care from admission to discharge.
- Ensures the flow of accurate information and communication between primary nurse, physician, therapists, testing facilities, and family.
- Monitors the appropriate utilization of clinical services, clinical documentation, and collaborates in the maintenance of medical records, ensuring compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Oversees training and education of home health aide staff with required timeframe per regulation.
- Reviews requests for service and works closely with agency support staff to propose Hospice/Home Health Aide assignments.
- Works with nursing staff to monitor and evaluate Hospice/Home Health Aides.
- Ensures adherence to Regional Hospice Corporate Compliance Program.
- Participates in self-evaluation and professional development.
- Active participant in the quality assurance program.
This position may involve driving an automobile varied distances to client homes.
Candidates are encouraged to download an application and submit with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Hospice offers full time employees comprehensive benefits and a generous 401K match.