The Volunteer Coordinator assists in coordinating all aspects of the Volunteer Programs, as directed by the Volunteer Director. This includes:
- Recruiting, training, placement and evaluations of volunteers;
- Communicating with hospice patients, who are facing imminent death and their family members – both in-person and via telephone;
- Data collection/entry/analysis;
- Communicating regularly with volunteers via phone and e-mail to provide support and guidance;
- Scheduling volunteers;
- Administrative oversight of the department, including keeping volunteer files up-to-date;
This position requires excellent communication skills and ability to interact with patients and families who are facing imminent death of their loved one. The Volunteer Coordinator maintains an ongoing relationship with professional and non-professional staff and volunteers of the agency, as well as others within the greater community. The Volunteer Coordinator supports and fosters the philosophy, goals and objectives of the agency.
This is a full time, 40 hour a week position and comes with a competitive benefits package.
- A Baccalaureate Degree: Health Services; Social Work; or Public Health preferred.
- Previous social service and/or non-profit experience.
- Previous volunteer management experience desirable.
- Strong organizational, written, interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Enthusiasm, warmth and compassion.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Interest in end-of-life care and the hospice philosophy.
- Flexibility and the willingness to multi-task according to shifting priorities and department/agency needs.
- Ability to work toward a deadline and adhere to a time schedule.
- Strong personal initiative, attention to detail, ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with staff and volunteers.
- Willingness to interact with hospice volunteers, patients and families.
- Flexibility to work evenings, as needed, for trainings, meetings and events.
For more information and to apply for the position, visit: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/779c1ad0