Any person with a terminal illness, regardless of age, is eligible for our hospice care programs. Many different diagnoses may be considered, including Alzheimer’s and related dementias, pulmonary and cardiac diseases, and cancer. Hospice Care is a covered benefit under Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurances. Hospice Care comes to you, wherever you reside – your home, assisted living residence or skilled nursing facility.
Hospice Care Referrals
The right time to begin hospice care is personal and can only truly be determined by you, your family, and your physician. We encourage you to discuss hospice care with your physician and ask for a referral if you feel it is right for you.
- Anyone can make a referral – a patient, family member, physician or friend. Referrals can be conveniently made through our online hospice referral form.
Hospice Care in Connecticut
Your hospice care services may include:
- An individualized care plan developed in conjunction with the Regional Hospice and Home Care team that meets each patient’s personal needs for pain management and symptom control;
- Hospice Care in a skilled nursing/assisted living facility under contract with Regional Hospice and Home Care;
- Our caring team members and trained volunteers available to visit you where you live (throughout Western Connecticut and beyond);
- Our clinical support line available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for symptom management;
- Emotional and spiritual support;
- Medications related to the terminal illness, as well as, medical supplies and equipment;
- Support for loved ones on how to care for patient needs;
- Special services like speech, physical and occupational therapy when needed;
- Short-term respite care;
- Bereavement support and counseling;
- Trained volunteers who are available to give caregivers a break, provide companionship, run errands, or share special skills including music and integrative/complementary therapies.
For more information on our comprehensive hospice care services in CT, please Contact Us.